[haiku-development] Re: GSOC Idea Suggestion

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:29:34 +0200 CEST

Ziyu Yu <yuziyumail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe implement a Journal Block Device first before the wirte support
> of ext3 is a good idea. So we can employ it in the further work of
> write support of other journal file system.

A journal block device is actually of limited use, as that's not how
one would usually implement a journal (well, besides BFS and ext3, that
is). It's a valid abstraction layer, though, but one that should be
pretty easy to write, too.
So at least it wouldn't make a whole GSoC project IMO.

Bye,
   Axel.