[haiku-development] Re: GCC 4.3.0 Released - BeOS GCC port obsolete

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:03:59 +0100

On 2008-03-10 at 21:46:50 [+0100], Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 10/03/2008, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >  On 2008-03-10 at 20:34:16 [+0100], Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >  wrote:
> > > http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/changes.html
> >  > "
> >  > All GCC ports for the following operating systems have been declared
> >  > obsolete:
> >  > BeOS (*-*-beos*)
> >
> > That's OK, since we want to introduce and maintain a new Haiku target,
> >  anyway.
>
> may I ask when this is supposed to happen? Have you already contacted
> the gcc developers? That's a good news indeed.

The gcc 4 in our repository already has a *-*-haiku target. We need to get
the host support going and then I'd commit patches to the gcc guys. Regarding
when that's supposed to happen -- I've started to re-port the tool chain
(currently I'm still messing with Perl) and when I'm through with gcc2 I
intend to have a look at gcc 4 again. How long that will take depends mostly
on how many Haiku bugs I'll encounter on the way and how much time I'll have.

CU, Ingo