[haiku-development] Fwd: Haiku will no longer boot on MacBookPro (confirmed - r31032 issue)

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:49:22 +1000

Alright, I've completely rebuilt r31031 and it boots fine on the MacBook
Pro, however a clean/rebuild of r31032 will fail to boot.  The machine
reboots before displaying the Haiku boot screen, ie. you can only see a
flashing underscore for a couple of seconds, and then the machine
automatically reboots.

Changelog of r31032 (http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/31032):
"Implement most of the logic for write support in the GPT partitioning
system.
Actual writing is not implemented though and some key functions aren't
either.
Completely untested so far."

Michael / Axel, is there anything I can do to assist with debugging of this
changeset, since the problem can only be reproduced on  Apple hardware.

Cheers.
Zenja