[haiku-development] FlattenPictureTest application

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:10:41 +0200

Hi!

To test the BPicture flattening / unflattening under Haiku I wrote the FlattenPictureTest application.

Screenshot:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/attachment/ticket/1381/PictureTests.png

What you can see in the screenshot is the result of running the tests.
Each item shows the result of a test. In the first column is the
recorded picture drawn into a bitmap, next the flattened and then
unflattened picture is drawn into another bitmap, next the
test name is shown, and finally if there is a test failure and
error message is shown.
The item background color also indicates the success/failure of
a test.

The source code is in the Haiku repository in directory src/tests/ kits/interface/flatten_picture.

Running the application already revealed a number of bugs that I have added to trac:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1380
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1381
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1382

I want to invite interested people to add more tests to the application, which is quite easy. You have to implement a function and add it to an array in file PictureTestCases.cpp (1).

For example the implementation of the test "Test Vertical Line" is:

void testVerticalLine(BView *view, BRect frame)
{
view->StrokeLine(BPoint(frame.left, frame.top), BPoint (frame.right, frame.bottom));
}

- Michael

1)
http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/tests/kits/ interface/flatten_picture/PictureTestCases.cpp?rev=21888&view=markup