[haiku-development] Re: File types

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 02:19:08 +0200

On 2009-06-06 at 01:24:17 [+0200], Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Rob Judd<haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can someone please change file types so that Pe isn't overwriting my
> > default
> > application for source code? I'm using BeIDE because I found too many bugs
> > in Pe, and anyhow it isn't part of Haiku's core so shouldn't be the
> > preferred default application.
>
> While not my preferred source code editor, Pe is preferred by a lot of
> the Haiku developers and other BeOS/Haiku application developers.
> Though since as you say since it is not really part of the core Haiku
> code setting it as the preferred handler for source code may not be
> wise. Before making any changes I will let other developer's make
> their opinions known.

You're not seriously suggesting to set StyledEdit as default app for source
code, or are you? I don't see any advantage, but a lot of annoyance in such a
move. If Pe is not installed, the default app for the "text" super type (i.e.
StyledEdit) should be selected as fallback -- so no harm done. And if it is
installed, I can't imagine anyone being happier to see source code open in
StyledEdit.

CU, Ingo