[haiku-development] Re: Expressing the purpose of a development mailinglist (was: Re: Attaching attributes to BFile)

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:40:19 -0500

2009/8/14 Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 1st party developers.. That's Haiku I guess, but
> who are the 2nd party developers then, if there is
> a 3rd party of developers?

In more general terms a 2nd party tends to be one that's closely
affiliated with the first party, i.e. in the case of businesses things
like wholly owned subsidiaries would qualify. The term third party
tends to be used to mean a completely independent entity regardless
though, even when no second parties exist.

Regards,

Rene