[haiku-development] Enabling TRACE output?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 18:38:56 -0700

Sorry, I'm newbie floundering again (:-()

I want to figure out why one of my USB game controllers (Strategic
Commander) works fine in Linux but is not recognised by Haiku.
 Another -- a ThrustMaster -- is perfect on both platforms.
Their listusb output is virtually identical.

I'm assuming that if I get the 'TRACE' statements in the usb_hid
sources enabled, I'll see diagnostics in syslog, but how do I do that?
I thought maybe doing a 'jam -sDEBUG=1 -q' would do it, and it
generated a much bigger file, but there's no new output in syslog.
(I tried -sDEBUG=9 and it started to compile the whole of Haiku
into the usb_hid source dir!)

Help. please?

Thanks,
        -- Pete --