[haiku-development] Re: DiskUsage scan abortion

  • From: Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:57:37 -0500

Hi Axel,

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 3.  Before starting a scan, you copy the old data, scan, if you happen
> > abort, revert to the old data.
> >
> > Currently, I have version 2 implemented and working.  While 3 seems
> > like
> > more elaborate, it seems quite heavy and expensive to copy the data
> > before
> > starting the scan (which is already slow)
>
> While I like the suggestions, in case you don't want to spend that much
> time on it, I think 3) would be pretty easy to do as well. At least I
> can't see where there would be any copying involved.
> Just start a new scan, and keep the old one around.
>
> Does DiskUsage already listen to changes in the folders, btw?
>
> Bye,
>    Axel.

Well, at the moment, it seems DiskUsage reuse the scan data when you
rescan.. but I can't see any big advantage in doing this.  I was actually
working on 3) then got a bit bored and started that thread.. :P

I think I'll just start a whole new scan everytime, and if it gets aborted,
just revert to the original one.  But I was lured into keeping the old
behaviour (where it is "refreshing" the scan data).

And yes, I added the Folder Monitoring a while ago.

Philippe 'stpere'