[haiku-development] Re: DeskCalc Improvements (was need strtold() function)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:02:55 +0100

John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have attached a new patch to ticket #5203 at
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5203
>
> This patch will ensure that deskcalc will (almost) always fit the
> result in the display window. An easy way to test the code is to make
> the window short and wide and type pi or sin(0.5) and watch the digits
> fill the screen. Then make the window tall and narrow and watch the
> result come back puny and inaccurately.

I know I'm a bit late with this objection, but I find it pretty strange
to limit the computation accuracy to the window size. Can't we just
make sure that the interesting part of the result is alway shown (and
you'd have to scroll to get more accuracy)?
Or does it internally still use the more accurate number for further
computations?

Bye,
   Axel.