[haiku-development] Re: Default Soundfont

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:06:43 -0800

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 10:01:20PM +0100, Ingo Weinhold wrote:

> You apparently misunderstood what Stephan wrote. Since a system component
> (BSynth) requires it, the default sound font should be located in /system.
> And no, a symlink to /boot/common does not satisfy that condition. And
> obviously no, /boot/common is not where its eventual home ought to be.

Reading Stephan again, you're probably right. (:-/)

However are you sure that BSynth's soundfont should be a fixed system
component?  Lot's of stuff necessary to full system operation (like termcap
for instance) is supplied in the common hierarchy.  If the user wishes to
change the soundfont, I see no reason to force him to keep the supplied
one around by holding it in system/data...  It's 'only' 6MB, but... (:-)

Makes little difference to the mods to BSynth, anyway, except for the
exact list of paths.

        -- Pete --