[haiku-development] Re: Choosing servers at bootup

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 21:25:24 +0200

Am 06/09/2015 um 19:55 schrieb jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Is there a way to choose which servers are launched at bootup? For
example, personally, I don't need midi_server launched at bootup and
would rather it get launched when needed..

I know I could write a script to kill them at bootup, but I'd rather
they didn't get loaded in the first place.

There are two ways to do this: 1) the future proof way, and 2) the custom way.
1) would mean to port the midi server to be a BServer, and change its configuration file to "on_demand". This would cause it not to be started until something requests it.
2) you add a custom settings file that looks pretty much like this to the /system/settings/launch/ directory:
service x-vnd.haiku-midi_server {
disabled
}

Bye,