[haiku-development] Re: Cannot boot current revision

  • From: David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:29:19 +1000

2009/7/28 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Trying to update from revision 31022 to current revision 31795.
>> However, the boot process stops at the ram icon and the last message
>> written is
>>
>> bfs: Find:1854 Bad argument type passed to function.
>>
>> Looking at BPlusTree.cpp where this error is raised from it is
>> indicating that the function is being called on a bfs system that
>> allows duplicates.
>
> It's not a "bfs system" that allows duplicates, but the B+tree is used
> either in a directory (which doesn't support duplicates, obviously),
> and in an index which does support duplicates.
>
>> Is there anyway I can track this further or tell my build to not make
>> a file system that allows duplicates?
>
> You should find out what inode the tree belongs to, and then dump it
> via the kernel debugger ("bfs_inode <pointer to inode>"), as well as

Hmm, have not been able to drop into the debugger.  The system is not
locked up, as I can see USB messages when I unplug/plug the keyboard.

I might add a debugger() command on the error return path and see what
that does.

I might also try a few other things when creating the partition.

--
Cheers
David