[haiku-development] Re: Calling all Radeon HD testers!

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:04:41 -0500

On Wed, 18 May 2011 15:59:46 -0500, Joseph Groover wrote:
I own a HD 5770, and can boot Haiku from real hardware.   What are
the chances of damaging my equipment with radeon_hd at this point?

Pretty high :)

Nah, it is pretty hard to write to the ATI video bios without flipping
a set of registers in a special order to enable programming...
so the chances of me toggling the wrong bit somewhere and destroying
something are slim.

If it makes you feel better, I've been poking at my Radeon 5830 for a few
weeks without any damage.

 -- Alex