[haiku-development] Re: Best way to store settings in Haiku?

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:13:44 +1200

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:00:50 +1200, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Surprise, we already have that since pretty much ten years :-)

One of the problems with this though is it only supports strings and
ints/bools, not the rest of what BMessages can contain, requiring
conversion code.

Another option is to serialize BMessage to text, as ThemeManager does,
but the code in there is not really robust.
The format used comes from the format Dano0 used when PrintToStream()ing
messages, and is actually quite alike to the driver setting syntax,
maybe we could have a common framework doing both ?

François.

+1 text to BMessage sounds good