[haiku-development] Berlios.de flaky?

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:29:27 -0400

It seems berlios.de has been pretty flaky lately. By flaky I mean
sometimes you can connect, sometimes you can't. Sometimes the SVN
works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the website loads, sometimes
not, etc. Right now I can't update from SVN:

rjl@dell:~/develop/haiku/trunk$ svn up
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

I also can't open their web page or SSH into shell.berlios.de. I can
ping their various servers though.

Are other people having these problems? Are Europeans having trouble
too, or do these problems only apply to people outside Europe?

The reason I ask is, well, the Haiku code is arguably the most
important part of this project. We can't have it tied up in an
unreliable service or one that it has outgrown. I know I heard Ingo
mention we have exceeded the standard Berlios.de limits on the size of
a repository.

So, hoping I don't start some huge thread or flame war, I wonder if
anyone has considered changing "project management providers" or
getting our own dedicated SVN server? I know we already moved from
Sourceforge, but frankly if Berlios.de continues to be unreliable and
impacts our development efforts, we may not have much choice.

Regards,
Ryan