[haiku-development] Re: Be Sample Code & things

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:01:44 -0700

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 08:00:06PM -0400, John Scipione wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Pete Goodeve
> <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > Currently PatchBay opens with a  panel that is much larger than
> > I've ever come close to needing, with the active nodes all displayed
> > in the top-left corner.  To me, this looks ugly.
> >
> > What do people think about auto-resizing windows?  I can't really
> > think of another app that would need one, but here it might be
> > nice if the window opened just large enough to hold the available
> > nodes, and expanded and contracted as needed.
> >
> > Would this be convenient or annoying?  I haven't really investigated
> > implementing it yet, but I think it would be straightforward.
> >

> If your code is using the layout APIs and your window has the
> B_AUTO_UPDATE_SIZE_LIMITS flag set it might be as simple as adding
> AddGlue() in the right places. If not, you may have to convert to using the
> Layout APIs first.

No, this is essentially BeOS-period, but there's not much need for the
layout API in this case (though it might have obviated some of the present
code).  I think it's just a matter of adding a ResizeTo based on the views
that *are* resized already.

I haven't tried to add it to the patch I'm submitting, but as Sean has already
expressed approval (:-)) I'll probably put it in the next rev.

        -- Pete --