[haiku-development] BWindow fShowLevel vs window_info.show_hide_level

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 23:27:54 -0400

Why does BWindow fShowLevel become negative when a window is hidden,
yet window_info.show_hide_level is set like this in the app_server:

        info.show_hide_level = fWindow->IsHidden() ? 1 : 0; // ???

In other words show_hide_level is 0 when the window is shown and 1
when it is hidden.

That comment was already there so I must not be the only confused one.
I can only assume this is for BeOS compatibility?

I guess it isn't a huge deal once this dichotomy is understood but it
might be nice if we changed this one day (or now if it was not done
for BeOS compatibility.)

--
Regards,
Ryan