[haiku-development] Re: BFS issue

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:21:09 +0200 CEST

Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > And iii) is exactly as is, that is no other arguments were given?
> Yes, since I knew it would crash I didn't give a count; it could've
> been cancelled with Ctrl+C otherwise. :)

I've only tried iii) as I am not sure where to get everything ready for
i-ii). I've created a volume that exactly resembles your super block.
However, I was not able to reproduce the problem.
I've also created an application to enforce disk fragmentation, but
even then, I couldn't reproduce that problem.
Is it an SMP machine? How much RAM does it have?

> > And
> > finally, did you ever reinitialize that disk? Because there were
> > many
> > BFS fixes in the last weeks that could have causes these things.
> No. But of course I could move the data to another partition and
> reinitialize if that fixes it. I'll probably create a new one anyway
> to enlarge it, just let me know if you need any other info before I
> do.

Would it be at all possible that I can download that volume (zipped)
from somewhere?
Where are you located, anyway? :-)

Bye,
   Axel.