[haiku-development] Re: AHCI regressions

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 13:42:54 +0200

Hi Axel,

Am 09.09.2015 um 13:21 schrieb Axel Dörfler:

Am 09.09.2015 um 13:09 schrieb Stephan Aßmus:
To be honest, I don't think it is good style to commit stuff which
causes boot failures.

That's a bit of an over-simplification: this is a hardware related
change; what works for others might not work for you, and vice versa.

Anarchos tested the patch on his hardware, I tested on Qemu. Since both
turned out to be successful, I committed his patch. It definitely didn't
look problematic to me which was obviously too optimistic.

Understood. So is it confirmed that this fix consistently fixes things for people where AHCI was broken before? I am not sure this conclusion can be drawn, I've read through these tickets:

https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/10737
https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/12295
https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/12338
https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/12357

The most enlightning comment seems to be this one:

https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/12357#comment:4

Maybe a proper solution can be derived from that info?

Since there have been some cleanup commits in the mean time, I'd rather
just disable the interrupt check again for the time being.

Sorry for letting off steam here.

Best regards,
-Stephan