[haiku-depot-web] Re: add a repo

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 07:23:22 +1200

Hello Jim;

To be honest, I am not too sure how the HPKR file is created as I have only worked with reading them. Maybe somebody here might be able to point at some resources about how to create an HPKR file?

I can tell you about "depot.haiku-os.org" (HDS) though. If you go [1], you will see a list of repositories. Technically you just need to get your repository into this list (requires a root user to do this) and HDS will feed from it and start showing packages from it.

The problem at the moment is that the *existing* repositories configures (one per architecture) are all for HaikuPorts. I need to create some means by which it is possible to classify those repositories into different "Depots" for people who have created their own repositories.

Presently I am migrating the system to Java 8 which is taking a little while because I am changing it to use new Java 8 language features. This port should be completed soon and then the next thing I will look at it is classifying the repositories in this way and then... it should be possible to add third-party repositories.

cheers

[1] https://depot.haiku-os.org/#/repositories

On 15.05.15 05:17, Jim Saxton wrote:

Now that I have a repository, it is still a stepchild,
depot.haiku-os.org is not tracking my repo.

the documentation states:

The application server is able to communicate with remote repositories
to retrieve "Haiku Package Repository" (.hpkr) files. .hpkr files
contain meta-data of the packages that are stored at that repository.

This gives me enough to ask:

What is an .hpkr file? What do I need to do to make it? How to get
depot.haiku-os.org to read it and add my repo?

--
Andrew Lindesay