[haiku-appserver] Re: help testing app_server in R5

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:38:51 +0100 CET

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When trying to run ./haiku_app_server nothing happens. No window
> appears
> and only picasso and [damn I forgot] anther thread start over. (after
> the latest update a 3rd tread Font????(forgot the name again, it's
> late
> :-) ) is also started)
>
> Does anyone has this problem in testing under R5? Can anyone help?

That's probably a feature, and I am to blame for this, too (I even
forgot about that side effect :-)).
The desktop is created as soon as the first application logs in - IOW
when you start a test app the app_server will magically appear.

And that probably also explains why I get a strange resolution switch
on startup - thanks for the hint, I now know where to look at! :-)

Bye,
   Axel.