[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Music Library Application?

  • From: Sam Moore <semoore95@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 22:22:20 -0400

Hello Haiku Developers,

My brother and I, both developers, are planning to begin development on a
native C++ Music Library application (similar to say, Foobar2000, WinAmp,
RhythmBox, Banshee, Songbird, iTunes, etc..).

We're both excited to start right away, but the question I have is: is
there a program available for Haiku or native for Haiku that already
accomplishes this? We don't mean to reinvent the wheel if it's already
done. I've only seen music players available on HaikuPorts and nothing to
the scale of a library application provided with Haiku.

We plan to make it open source and fully abide by the Haiku Coding and
Human Interface Guidelines, and, unless this is already getting worked on
like I said, hopefully be provided with every Haiku installation or at
least be the best and/or standard application for this category of
applications, available in its repositories once the package management has
been knocked out.

Anyway, to the point: is someone already working on this, or is there a
program that already gets the job done? And as Haiku developers yourselves:
any tips or suggestions for two people both programming for Haiku for the
first time?

Best,
Sam