[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Get path to font file

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:47:58 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:46:36 +0100
> Von: Adrian Panasiuk <adek336@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [haiku-3rdparty-dev] Get path to font file

> Hi ! Is it possible to get the path to a font , given the name of the font
> want and whether it's bold/italic?
> Can I at least get a path to a default font without hardcoding?

Unfortunately, this is not yet possible via the API. But I needed the same
functionality once, so adding this would be welcome IMHO. I am thinking a new
method in BFont should do and it can communicate with the server to get an
entry_ref back. The implementation would be easy, since the server already has
the mapping.

Best regards,
-Stephan