[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: BMessage target for replicant on desktop

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:05:15 -0600

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Mauro de Wit <maurodewit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Because this is what I see in src/apps/login/DesktopWindow.cpp in the
> Haiku sources:
> BView *desktop = new BView(Bounds(), "desktop", B_FOLLOW_NONE, 0);

That's just the login app...the actual desktop window is created by
Tracker, see src/kits/tracker/DeskWindow.cpp and/or
src/kits/tracker/DesktopPoseView.cpp

> I have it working now. The PoseView has index 0.
> One strange thing:
> AddSpecifier("View",0) doesn't work. The compiler gives an error about

Try 0L. In some cases when an int and pointer version of a function
exist, the compiler can't distinguish them since NULL can also be
viewed as 0 (though strictly it should be (void *)0).

Regards,

Rene