[hackpgh-party] OTB response

  • From: gwen <gwenix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-party@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:47:26 -0500

So, here's the response from OTB:

Gwen,
Keeping parties seperate has not been an issue in the past. We
typically keep the food buffet along the wall in the back and people
who are not with a party stay away. Most times the party goers keep an
eye on the food too.

This tells us that they work on a trust system, which is more effort
on our part, but is also nice to know that they don't really have
trouble with trusting people in general.

But the more I think about it, if we do get more than 30 people, we'll
want to spill out into the rest of the bar anyway... so perhaps we
should do a coverless party, "Donations requested", and have raffle
tickets and other items for purchase for those who are inclined.  To
some degree, this makes our lives simpler as well, and the simpler we
are at, the more fun we can have!

--
Gwendolyn R. Schmidt