[hackpgh-discuss] Re: hackpgh_shop twitter avatar needed...

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 00:27:31 -0500

That is our shop mascot, Cyber "Jane" Doe, though her hat and welding mask have been missing lately ( I didn't check tonight ).

Perfect! Our own benevolent(?) Cyber watching over us, semi-benevolently...

-=D

P.S. For the newer members, you may have noticed the small "centaur" in the shop, currently over in front of the large set of shelves. The deer was brought in by Gabe. The deer's original head is/might-be around in the shop somewhere and tends to move around on its own. The deer's new/current head is from a CPR doll. The welding goggles and hat (and sometimes mohawk though not lately) were additions but I don't recall by whom. Scott^2 (who was at the meeting tonight but hasn't been in the shop lately) dubbed the model Cyber "Jane" Doe and gave her an online presence. He also did a multi-media portrait of her for the 2012 Mini Maker Faire, which now hangs next to the circuit breaker box. A vacuuform version hangs above that.

On 3/7/13 12:08 AM, jeff kephart wrote:
is that Franken Deers' spouse?

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Elijah Richter <elirichter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jane Doe?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM, jeff kephart <n3glv1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Light Bulb?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
To avoid confusion I didn't want to set up the same avatar for the
hackpgh_shop twitter account that the hackpgh account was already using.
I also don't have any artistic skills, so we're open to
ideas/suggestions,
etc. for an avatar to use.
Thanks,
    -=Doug