[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Mechanical club and foundry

  • From: ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 17:31:03 +0000

Seriously, don't kill yourself over it.

Speakerphone is fine.

Quoting Alex Reasinger <alexreasinger@xxxxxxxxx>:

I am running a little late I will send out the link when I have the hangout
up.
On May 2, 2015 12:59 PM, <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That would be great.

Quoting Alex Reasinger <alexreasinger@xxxxxxxxx>:

I can make a google hangout then for people that can't make it.

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM, <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I won't be in today, I'm sorry to say. I'm taking the advantage of the
fact that there is three days of no rain that overlaps the weekend and
doing concrete repair work.

I'd be happy to have you guys in my ear as I work however. There are a
couple projects I'd like to outline if you'll have me. Skype and
Hangouts
are both options.

EJ

Quoting Alex Reasinger <alexreasinger@xxxxxxxxx>:

All,

I want to remind everyone that the first meeting of the mechanical club
is
this Saturday may 2ed at 1:00PM
Feel free to bring in some mechanical projects or mechanical tools to
see
what everyone's interests are.
We will be designing a foundry for melting aluminum, brass, and bronze.
I was originally planning on firing it with waste oil but after some
research it look like using electricity will work better. then we will
not
have to take the foundry outside every time we want to use it.
I found a source for the heating element what will work well.
We have some steel crucibles to use.

See you on Saturday

Alex