[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Lathe weekend

  • From: "j. eric townsend" <jet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 20:07:39 -0500

On 2/9/16 18:08, Andrew C. wrote:

Hi Eric,

I take it you haven't been up to date on that then.

No, I had two lathes at the time I made the donation so after we moved that one to the shop I kinda forgot about it. I bought the Atlas in California and used it for burning man art projects and other "looks like it will fit" parts for art projects. After we moved to PGH I got a good deal on a SB 10L (that came with a new centering bar!), rather than sell the Atlas I figured HackPGH could make use of it.

it does need about 60 years worth of maintainance for wear.. We'll make
this thing work well again. You donated a lot of parts too!

You're right that some of the parts probably don't match. I bought some stuff on eBay and other stuff at garage sales. Glad to see you working on it, it's probably good for another 100 years after a rebuild. I have some shim stock and found another box of cutting blanks, I'll dig thru my parts bin and see if I have any other chucks or Atlas accessories. I also bought a bunch of oils, lube, paint, and other stuff to rebuild the 10L, it's easy for me to drop off a pint of one or the other, just let me know.

--jet

--
J. Eric Townsend
<http://www.flatline.net>