[hackpgh-discuss] In the shop this week.

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss <hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:15:41 -0400

It's a busy week and we have some special events, so in case you
weren't at the last meeting (or if you joined since!), here is a brief
heads up:

Tue - Open Source Hardware night 7:30pm (outside group)
Wed - Balloon Project 7-8pm (usually slips to 7:30-8:30).
Thu - Knot Tying Club 7pm (outside group)
Fri - Open Source Intel Gathering (see our blog) - presented by member Dan K
Sat/Sun - Member Dan K will be in the shop filming for his hacker/maker movie.
Sat/Sun - Synchronous Hack-a-thon
(http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Synchronous_Hackathon/2012-06-16)

Sadly I'll be out of town Sat/Sun would liked to have been in for the
Hackathon. If you can make it in, I'm sure Dan would love to have more
members to film. ALSO, it'd be a great time to get started on your
project(s) to take to Maker Faire Detroit!

-=Doug

P.S. For new members, when there is an outside group in the shop (Tue,
Thu) or a planned event, those events take precdence. All members are
welcome to attend those events. If you want to use the shop at the
same time, please do so in a way that does not disrupt the main event.