[hackpgh-discuss] Re: HackPittsburgh podcast, anyone interested?

  • From: Adam Longwill <adam.longwill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 19:16:58 -0500

Doug's suggestion is a good one for a first podcast. Meta Mesh would be
happy to provide content and the PittMesh Working Group meetings would make
good content as well.
On Dec 21, 2015 6:11 PM, "Doug Philips" <dgou@xxxxxxx> wrote:

So, making a podcast how-to would be the first podcast, right?
(No, I am serious, because how many times do you want to give the same
info out over and over?)

-=D

On 12/21/15 6:08 PM, John Lewis wrote:
Geno, we are already podcast capable. The machine I installed to the
shop gives us the ability to podcast.

I can offer you basic training so you may use the machine anytime you
want, or some advanced training so can administrate the system and install
software.

There are many audio and video editors installed to facilitate making a
good production.

On 12/21/2015 11:52 AM, Geno Soroka wrote:
So I'm a big fan of podcasts, especially science podcasts such as
StarTalk, BenHeck, Mythbusters, etc.

We have a lot of people who have very specialized and interesting
knowledge at HackPittsburgh. Also people with cool ideas, and interesting
outlooks on the life of technology.

Maybe we can put something together where every now and then (once a
month?), we just discuss cool science stuff, our personal projects, and
just updates as to whats going on at HackPittsburgh. Record it, and post it
on Youtube. Perhaps make money for HackPittsburgh (if anyone actually
listens haha)

This would be moderated by the board, and every podcast would include a
board member. I think this is great for Holistic Brain in particular. In
fact, maybe our first podcast can just be the recording of a Holistic Brain
meeting.

I don't know, its an idea. Could be fun. Interested in what others
think.

-Geno

Secretary | HackPGH
Pittsburgh’s First Makerspace