[hackpgh-discuss] Electrical Update

  • From: Elijah Richter <elirichter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:48:45 -0400

I wanted to send out an update on the current electrical situation at the
shop.  Everything is wired and should be ready to go, pending getting a
go-ahead from Dale and company, but is currently not energized.  Currently
the outlets are available as before (i.e., extension cords etc.), with the
exception that there is now (drum-roll.....) *a light switch next to the
door* that turns on the "clean" side of the shop! The tool area of the shop
is still switched at the previous location.  If you happen to be in the
shop between now and Friday when the electrician will be in, please do not
use any of the new circuits and do not switch on any of the new breakers.

Also, I wanted to thank all the members who were able to pitch in this
weekend to help make this project (finally) happen, especially Sarita,
Gabe, and Anthony, all of whom were at the shop the entire weekend plus
Monday and were instrumental in getting the work done.  Those of you that
couldn't make it, don't worry- there is plenty of cleanup left for after
tomorrow's meeting :)

-Eli