[hackpgh-discuss] 3D printing, I mean, 2D printing...

  • From: Doug Philips <dgou@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 12:27:06 -0500

Ran across this today:

http://nerdstink.com/post/44631983969/a-functional-mini-plotter-made-with-cardboard

Thought it might be a cool kind-of-thing to do for our Mini Maker Faire this year. (Aug 18th) Or rather to riff on and do a version of. Maybe re-animate Matt's Cheese printer in faux Medieval hand-driven form? :-)

It seems there are an increasing number of cardboard based maker projects, and that's something I'd like to play around with.

Figured I'd toss it out to see if anyone else is interested. We get a fair amount of cardboard going through the shop from our snacks, boxes etc.

And yes, I'm thinking of cardboard, treated, for a balloon payload too. :-)

-=Doug