[hackpgh-balloon] Re: New value for C1 max altitude

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-balloon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 22:16:03 -0500

Woo Hoo!

This is reminding me of election recounts.
Let us know when you're sure about the trajectory path! :-)

I was really hoping we could break the 110,000 foot barrier.
I just wish we had a better scale to measure how much lift we actually used.

Thanks!
    -=Doug

On 11/18/12 1:58 PM, Robert Berger wrote:
I'll get it right one of these times,   (its time to write software do do this)

I now estimate our peak at 111,757 feet

On Nov 18, 2012, at 11:36 AM, Robert Berger wrote:

Gary pointed out that a couple of the reported altitude numbers went negative
near the peak.

The pattern looks like the altitude was measured correctly, but then stored in
a 16 bit signed number in the GPS module's flash

Our new estimate for burst height is 108, 043 feet  !!!

-Bob