[guispeak] pdf2txt

  • From: Ann byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 15:41:32 -0500

I am using the version of pdf2txt with an April 2009 release date--3.3, I think. When I start pdf2txt, search for a document, and convert it, the program works just fine.

If I choose the document first, associate .pdf files with pdf2txt instead of with Acrobat Reader, my original file is *replaced with the following message:

This document was created with Win2PDF available at http://www.daneprairie.com.
The unregistered version of Win2PDF is for evaluation or non-commercial use only. Following there is a link with no text. accessing this link gives this message:

Security Warning
The document is trying to connect to the site:
http://www.daneprairie.com
If you trust the site click "Allow", otherwise click "Block".
Remember my action for the site: www.daneprairie.com
Block Allow

As far as I can tell, although the document continues to be described as two pages, the original text is unrecoverable.

Am I missing a trick here?  How can I get my stuff back???

Thanks a bunch.

Ann