[guispeak] Re: outlook express and new message alert

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:20:28 -0400

Hi -- This sounds like a job for the sounds and audio dialog on the control
panel.
Go to sonds and audio and you will first be put on the volume page, then if
you control+tab once you will be in the system sounds page.
There you will see a tree of events in windows, one of which is "new mail
notification".
Just arrow down to that and tab once and type something like "notify.wav" or
whatever else you want, and it will set the sound the way you want it.
Note that there will already be a sound defined that you will want to erase.
I personally hate the default XP sound for windows new mail notification --
the old notify.wav from win98 is so much more audible and different from
other sounds that I prefer using it so as not to miss my new mail.

Anyway, don't forget to tab to ok and hit enter.
Good luck.
--le