[guispeak] norton virus 2004

  • From: "Garnett Parsons" <garnetp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "G U I Speak Message list" <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:34:22 -0500

Hello Everyone.
On Monday I updated my Norton virus program and it told me that I would have to reboot and I did so. And I thought that this was my problem but it is not so.
Then I went on line to download my messages of which I had 80 messages.
After the first 17 messages the server unintentionally disconnected me and I tried several times to get my Messages with no success.
Now after 4 days the people at the server tell me that I have to uncheck the box for incoming messages.
My question is if I uncheck this box will the program locally tell me if I have a virus. They also tell me that each message goes to the Norton server to check the e-mail and sends it back to be downloaded. They tell me that it is taking to long to do the checking of the message and this is the reason I am being disconnected. How does the program know not to let me open the message and send it to be quarantined if this box is unchecked?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Garnett Parsons