[guispeak] hiding desktop most of the time

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:48:14 -0400

Hello everyone,

Last year, after a computer crash, I upgraded from Windows XP to Vista. One feature annoys me.

In XP and earlier, the Desktop was hiddem most of the time when not fpecifically invoked. Of course, Windows-M would invoke it. I find that the behavior of screen readers to read it when I switch application to be annoying. This sometimes happens, even when I am not on the Desktop. I mostly use the start and programs menu for what I do. Is there a way to get Vista to behave more like XP in this regard?