[guispeak] folders stays checked on with S P 2

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:31:10 -0500

Hi,
I ran into a JAWS problem and found out that the problem of down arrowing through folders in list views gets somewhat better if
one keeps folders under My Computer under view turned "off" (andI hear I am notalone).

So I do alt v, find Explorer Bar and un check folders and then go to Folder Options under Tools and do the right things.

And when I re launchMy Computer, that folders choice is "on" so JAWS
reads slowly or one has problems down arrowing with Service Pack 2 and JAWS 6.

If  I  could  keep the folders unchecked, things go better.

I have heardthat settings with S Pack 2 do not always remain"set" asthey should.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.