[guispeak] adding members to a listserv using jfw and yahoo

  • From: "Dan Thompson" <dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 20:01:17 -0600

Hi all,

I must first ask forgiveness if this is off topic.  But I can't find anyone
to help me.
I have created a group for my school's alumni on Yahoo Groups with help
from a yahoo customer service person using jfw.  However, they could not
tell me how to add members.  I have tried  the steps shown below.  then I
sent an email to the group of isvi_alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx only to get a
undeliverable message.
1. I went to yahoo.com
2. I went to groups.yahoo.com
3.  I went to my groups and pressed enter.
4.  I went to the members wizard and pressed enter.
5.  I was put into an email box where I entered a member's email.

6.  I tabbed to continue and press the spacebar.
7.  A confirmation email was sent and the person completed the steps for
accepting the message.
The problem is that the password the member had to use was my
administrator's password because the user id was mine as well.

The member tried sending a message to isvi_alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx only to
get an undeliverable message.
I hope someone who  has experience using screenreaders and setting up
blisters will respond.  I also thought that wend sending to the list, the
email message would appear in the sender's in-box and they would not have to
go to yahoogroups to see the list of messages.

This list is for a school for the visually impaired's alumni and we want to
share alumni/school news.

Please help.
Thanks so much and sorry once again for this possibly being off topic.  I
would be glad to start from scratch if necessary.