[guispeak] Fwd: Research on cell phones

  • From: Virgil Cook <vcook@xxxxxx>
  • To: "guispeak-LISTSERV.NAS.NET": ;
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:00:24 -0400

Some may argue that this note is off topic, but I think not. The study at Virginia Tech could well help make cell phones more accessible. If anyone in the UK is interested in participating in this study, contact Virginia Riley at the address given in the note.

Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 04:18:39 -0400
From: VIRGINIA REILLY <jenmik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Research on cell phones
To: vcook@xxxxxx

Hi Virgil,
Hope you are enjoying retirement and your new home.  We certainly miss
having you in Blacksburg. I am assisting one of our engineering professors
with a study of cell phones. She is conducting this for Toshiba who wants to
look at their European market.  We are trying to locate participants for a
focus group who are blind or low vision and people with limitations in upper
body extremities.  Any suggestions for locating participants in England and
Germany?  We have contacted the International Association on Higher
Education and Disability, and searched the web for agencies that support
these disabilities.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Virginia J. Reilly, Ph.D.
ADA Coordinator
Virginia Tech, Personnel Services
1st Floor Southgate Center 0318
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Ph:  (540) 231-9331 (V) (540) 231-7227 (TTY)
Fax: (540) 231-6479
adainfo@xxxxxx,    http://www.ps.vt.edu/

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted is prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error,
please contact the sender.

Virgil A. Cook Associate Professor Emeritus of English Virginia Tech