[guispeak] Fw: News about Window-Eyes 5.0 Public Beta

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUISPEAK List" <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:36:10 -0500

Johnnie Apple Seed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Pattison" <srp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "GUI-TALK" <gui-talk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 10:15 PM
Subject: Fwd: News about Window-Eyes 5.0 Public Beta

Note:  All prices mentioned in this message are in US dollars.  -Steve.

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********
On 19/11/2004 at 4:54 PM gw-news@xxxxxxxxxxx <gw-news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
During our development, we realized that the Microsoft Word portion of
Works
Suite 2002 works great with the new Window-Eyes Office support. In
fact,
5.0
works very well with any application that bundles Word 2000 or greater,
including Microsoft Works.

However, if you have anything before Microsoft Word 2000, whether it's
Works, Works Suite, or Office, you will not be able to take advantage
of
the
new Word support in 5.0. So we strongly recommend that you upgrade your
version of Office in order to enjoy these new features.

The upgrade to 5.0 will cost $75 when it is released. We will announce
the
release as we get closer to the final date. We will also let you know
when
we can begin taking orders.

In the meantime, you can still purchase an SMA (3 upgrades) for $299
and
get
an automatic upgrade to 5.0 when it's released. Since future upgrades
will
cost $150 apiece, buying an SMA now is like getting an extra upgrade
for
free.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Erik Deckers
Director of Sales and Marketing
GW Micro, Inc.
erik@xxxxxxxxxxx