[guispeak] FW: Window-Eyes 5.0 to launch at ATIA

  • From: "Chris McMillan" <chrismcmillan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:43:16 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Deckers [mailto:erik@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 10:35 AM
To: 'GW INFO'
Subject: Window-Eyes 5.0 to launch at ATIA

GW Micro is proud to launch their Window-Eyes 5.0 upgrade at the 6th annual
Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA) Conference in Orlando,
Florida. The conference will be held at the Caribe Royale All-Suites Resort
from January 19 - 22, 2005. The new version will be available online at
www.gwmicro.com on January 19th, and CD upgrades will begin shipping on
January 28th.

Version 5.0 rounds out its support of Microsoft Word, creating the most
thorough and stable support for the popular word processing program. It also
offers a complete color dictionary, and a lease-to-own program.

It supports every text feature within Microsoft Word, including reading
tables, columns, and fields. Users can find and fix spelling and grammar
errors on the fly. Users can also take advantage of the enhanced support
with features like renaming form fields, reading comments, and tracking
changes. Other screen readers have often ignored columns or required special
efforts or scripts to rename form fields.

The Complete Color Dictionary is also a first in the screen reader industry.
Rather than using complex color descriptions, such as "r204, g51, b51,"
Window-Eyes will now describe "a shade of firebrick red," if an exact match
cannot be found in the dictionary.

"We're continuing to support the software we first started as well. We were
the first to support Adobe PDFs, Macromedia Flash, and PeopleSoft
applications. We've also offered Citrix and Remote Desktop access since
September 2003, and continue to do so at no additional cost to our
customers," said Doug Geoffray, Vice President of Product Development and
Support.

#          #          #

For more information or a Window-Eyes press kit, contact:

Erik Deckers
GW Micro, Inc.
725 Airport North Office Park
Fort Wayne, IN  46825
Ph. 260-489-3671
erik@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.gwmicro.com

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to the entire list by addressing your message to
gw-info@xxxxxxxxxxxx

If you wish to unsubscribe to this list send a message to
listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx and in the body of the message put the
command, leave gw-info.