[guispeak] Re: DAISY vs .lit

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:44:37 -0500

.lit has no braille support and it makes the book look like paper on the
screen.  I think it does have some controlls built in for "accessibility",
but the only thing it offers us is the text to speech plug in.  I think they
came up with it more or less to try and close the market.  There are
competing formats out there and I think there were a couple more but .lit
has swept them all away.  I don't think daisy will go away any time soon.

Johnnie Apple Seed