[guidedogchat] Many Happy Tails

  • From: Doug Parisian <eggmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 17:34:14 -0600

Marie, You live in a place where you will really enjoy dogdum.  I have
worked my dogs in woods, camp grounds, airports, busy downtown streets, and
it goes on.  Oh yes, I've done all that with the big stick as well, but dogs
are way much more fun, and there is a whole lot less tension.

I used a white cane until age 27, and for just over two years since dog
number five due to a fluctuating balance problem which seems to have
stabilized though it is still there.  So, my ability to walk in straight
lines is not quite as good as it once was but, since things are stabilizing,
I can develop strategies for handling the situation.  So, I hope to be
dogging it again by next May or June, sooner if some trainee doesn't make it
since I am retired.

Doug: I make this noise by rubbing my hind legs together.