[guide.chat] true

  • From: "Kevin Burgin" <kevin.burgin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 10:29:44 -0000

Hi all

This is both true and funny.

A few days ago My parents and I went to Bakewell in Derbyshire for  a day out.
Yes, that Bakewell.  It is a small pleasant town with many busy shops and a
park.

During the afternoon we went to sit down on a bench by the river where there
are thousands of ducks, swans, geese and many other kinds of birds and large
fish in the river like pike.  It being a nice sunny but cold day there were
also many other people there enjoying the winter sun.

Suddenly, my dad starts laughing.  He starts to give me a running commentary on
what is making him laugh.  Apparently, there was a little old couple standing
by the river edge enjoying the sounds and sights of nature and the elderly
woman was looking over the handrail down into the river looking at the birds
and fish when suddenly her false teeth fall out into the river and my dad can
see her nagging her husband to go and fetch them.  She starts to gesture with
her stick at her teeth which are about two foot deep in the water and can bee
seen.  The old man is not moving and is obviously a typical midlands man and
his thoughts are obvious.  "Woman, the river bank is too steep and if I go into
that water at this time of year I will catch my death.  I'm not going in."

Sometime later they walk off the old man has obviously promised to purchase a
new set of false teeth for his wife which I have been told will cost in the
region of £200.

Kevin