[guide.chat] schools and punishmeent

  • From: "elaine nutley" <e.nutley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:41:31 -0000

Hello Malcolm
Your stories of school bring back some nasty memories, I also went to school in
the fifties and sixties, we only had one teacher in our junior school, who used
to hit the boys with a plinsole, but secondary school was a whole different
ball game. Our history teacher a woman used to call us oh ignorant one, and
then would throw the blackboard rubber, at someone who she thought particularly
ignorant. Our geography teacher, was mentally ill, I am sure, she would lock us
in the class and take out the key, and she would then throw anything that was
to hand, one day one of the girls climbed out of a window, to get help., the
teachers name was miss Goom.

Then there was the shorthand teacher, who was an ex sergeant major in the army
, and had every window open, mo matter what the weather, and ofcourse our
weather then, was as it is today. We used to be so cold we could not write, so
we were constantly being given detention for not finishing work.
O happy memories.
Best Wishes Elaine
skype
ElaineandKezi