[guide.chat] no subject

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:23:23 +0100

After coming home from my stay at Conway I started going to my new school, or
should I say classroom in a mainstream school. There was about ten of us  and
the only thing I can say about it is, what a waste of time it was. It was no
better than anything else I had been to except that we were given a magnifying
glass on a stand . I only stayed there a few months and I got put back into
main stream secondary school near home. With my speech improving a lot after
the operation I got to grips at learning from practically no education to above
average when I left at the age of fourteen. because my birthday was September.
So I learnt a lot in a short time. Where would I have been if the other schools
hadn't put me at the back of the class as a right off.
I left school and soon got a job working in an Optical manufacturers. grinding
lenses. I soon had to stop that because I didn't have the eye sight to do it
properly. So I went into the office doing the prescriptions ready for the shop
floor where they made the glasses. I hated the job because I had to deal with
customers and they were having a job to understand my speech. I hated the phone
going to because that was part of my job answering the phone and taking orders
etc. But I kept at it as it made me more determined to improve my speech.  I
went on to do other jobs and got married and had two children. Then got
divorced  I was living alone in my flat and got a new job at a printers as a
labourer. I was never around doing the job I should have done because I was
always handing around the print shop. So the boss asked me why I was always in
there and I said because I want to learn how to print and I want your job.  He
said you better start learning now then. I learnt how to strip down printing
machines, How to set type and make plates. I did artwork and all the office
side of it. I was 31 when I started. Goes to show, never give up on yourself.
Eleven years later I was the boss with my own staff and I was running the hole
thing. From ordering all the raw materials to the finished job. I had my foot
on the management ladder and was on my way up when without warning, My retanors
started coming off and that was the end of my working life. The rest is history.

If I wrote the rest of my life story I guess it would be like 50 Shades of Grey
all over again. hahahahahaha. I wish. I remarried and was very happy until she
died five years ago. We were together for 35 years. Her name was Winnie and we
lived together for the first ten years  then When the consultant told me I
would be totally blind in ten years she said its time to get married. So we
did. There is a lot more I could write about but I think that will do for now.

love Malcolm. xxx