[guide.chat] news electric taxis

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:46:21 -0000

London electric taxis now for hire
London?s minicabs are going electric after the first zero emission taxi rolled
on to the capital?s roads this week.
The two Renault Fluence Z.E.s ? introduced by eco-focussed London cab hire firm
Climatecars ? are the first electric Fluence models to reach the UK, ahead of
its release this Autumn.
Before now, Climatecars could only offer low carbon or hybrid vehicles as part
of its service so founder and MD Nicko Williamson believes that the EVs?
arrival signals a huge breakthrough.
?The addition of the fully electric Renault Fluence to Climatecars fleet marks
a crucial step towards our aim of being the world?s first zero emission car
service,? said Nicko.
?We are really excited to have partnered with Renault and are looking forward
to offering a 100% electric car service to our customers.?

Customers will be able to hire the Fluence Z.E. taxis at the same rate as the
existing hybrid models, confirmed Nicko. The EVs will be strictly based in
Central London to take advantage of the increasing number of charge points
provided by Mayor Boris Johnson?s Source London network.
With a 115 mile range on a full charge, the spacious saloon will offer comfort,
luxury and absolute silence but also help London in its efforts towards cleaner
air; a point which was warmly greeted by Climate Change Minister Greg Barker.
?It?s great Climatecars is doing its bit to make London a greener place by
offering a great alternative to the humble black cab,? commented the Minister.
?Cutting carbon emissions is vital to limit global temperature rises to tackle
climate change.?
Thierry Sybord, MD of Renault UK, also believes that EVs will be instrumental
in reducing London?s carbon output.
He added: ?Fluence Z.E. will be the perfect way to be transported around the
urban and suburban sprawl of the nation?s capital in refined and reliable
zero-emission style.
?I hope both Climatecars and their clients enjoy their electric experience.
?Renault is the only company to be offering a full range of electric vehicles.
We?re charging ahead with the launch of the first Z.E. models and have great
ambitions for them.?

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123