[guide.chat] house bombed

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:43:52 -0000

Hi Jenny, My mum and dad got their first house a couple of years before I Wwas
born. They decorated it right through and finished it at 6 p m. xmas eve That
night there was a big air raid and they took a direct hit. The house was
flattened to the ground. My mother ,dad, brother and sister were all injured
and my grandmother was killed. They were rehoused in a coucil house away from
the city centre and that's where I was born. You see, O out of the ashes came
me. hehehehe.

love Malcolm. xxx.

Hi Malcolm
I just had an ordinary black gas mask, it came in a cardboard box which we had
to carry every where. I spent the first year of the war evacuated to an Aunt in
North Wales, we went to the village school,only for a half day as the other
half was for the kids from the east end , It was a miserable time and I was
pleased when after a year we came home just in time for the blitz. Whilst I
remember lots of things I don't remember what we ate, we had chickens in the
back garden, Dad had an allotment and apart from being in the "heavy rescue "
worked in a grocers shop,so we didn't go hungry,
Jenny

-----