[guide.chat] guide.chat - braille

  • From: "Lyn Rudge" <b00kworm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:48:26 -0000

Hi Everyone,

I was interested to read the article regarding braille and also to hear your
various comments.

I learnt braille at the age of around 6 and so, over the years, have enjoyed
reading many books in braille.  However, I do find the amount of volumes can be
very off-putting as I have just received a book from the library in thirteen
volumes and am still wondering where to store it all.  Whenever possible, I
will listen to talking books as I am a member of the RNIB talking book library
as well as the Calibre Library and they certainly provide lots of listening
pleasure.

Its certainly good to read a braille book but I am doing so much less just
lately.

I am continuing to enjoy all the emails you send though I don't post many
messages but I particularly thank Vanessa for the information about audio
described films and other programmes;  it is most useful.

Regards,

Lynn